Thursday, August 11, 2005

So much stuff...

....for such a little person! This tiny little person I have yet to meet seems to require more gear than a professional mountain climber! How can this be? According to today's ultrasound, she weighs less than 6 pounds, and yet we still need to acquire about 600 pounds of stuff. I guess the more helpless a person is, the more equipment is needed to care for her. I don't even know what she looks like but I have to shop for her. Buying things for someone you don't know is always awkward. Buying HEAPS of stuff for someone who is simultaneously so close to you and so unknown is just bizarre. But to be honest, I'm loving every minute of it.

Oh, and a great big THANK YOU to everyone who were so generous at the baby shower held today at Paul's work.

1 comment:

Martha said...

Ohh yes they require heaps and heaps.. BUT as you and your lil girl figure each other out the heaps will start to fall away and by 3 they just need toys, clothes, etc. It gets better don't worry! Just talk to other Mom's with kids and they will fill you in on what you really need. (my mistake, I didn't listen to them)! LOL!

BUT just remember more than anything else your baby girl needs tons of tons of LOVE and that's FREE!!!!