Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Another year

I'm 34 today. Remember when this age seemed old? Thankfully when I tell people how old I am, they are usually surprised because they think I'm in my late 20s. And actually I don't feel this age. Though, what exactly is 34 supposed to feel like? I have no idea.

Maybe I don't feel my age because we don't have children (yet - one on the way). It always seems to me that folks with kids are so much older than me, even if they're 8 years younger. It must be something about where you are in life. Responsibility doesn't just bring privilege, as my mother used to tell me. It also brings grey hair, wrinkles, and an air of maturity. Now that we're about to have a new HUGE responsibility, I expect I'll feel and seem a lot older.

Ah well, good-bye youth, here comes motherhood.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry because I was always told you are only as young as you feel. Plus 34 is'nt old, didn't you know 60 is the new 40, & so on, so everything is moving in the right direction I think

Martha said...

Horray.. you found me!! Your so smart. I of course forgot to e-mail it to you because I am a total loser that way. I responded to you over at mine though. You try writing 100 things about yourself and see what you come up with. Took me like 2 days.

Happy Birthday.. I hope it was a good one!!

Now.. you have a personal stalker!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the baby on the way, Amanda! I saw your comment on damomma.com (I love her stories, too), so had to stop by.

I'm also 34 -- July 17 -- and had my first last September. It's like nothing you've ever experienced before, but worth every second. I wish you the best.