Monday, August 22, 2005

Packing while pregnant

Well, here I am, 37 weeks pregnant, and it looks like we're going to try to pull off this move BEFORE our little bundle of joy drops in. So I'm very carefully packing what I can on my own, and I'm hoping and praying for our friends will be able to pitch in.

I'm still really frustrated that we're having to do this. There are worse things in life, I know, and I'm thankful to not be going through them. I'm just sad about leaving our house which I've worked so hard to decorate. And our little girl won't get to enjoy the nursery I carefully planned for her. While I know this move will be good in the long run in lots of ways, it's still hard to deal with the emotions it stirs in me, especially now that I'm a great hormonal whale. :)

5 comments:

Jackie said...

First of all, you are NOT a whale.
Second of all, DON'T OVERDO IT!!

You are right, the timing does suck. Totally. BUT, there are so many people who have bigger troubles and you and me combined! I agree with Martha, that if you can't get moved before the baby arrives, then waiting until 6 weeks after would be ideal. I've told Paul (and probably you) that no matter how happy you are to be blessed with a child, the first 6 weeks are really hard. You are recovering physically and emotionally from birth AND you have this very dependent, very demanding little person to take care of! But it's a good problem to have, for sure! ; )

Anonymous said...

You will get through it! Love reaqding your Blog and can't wqit to hear your good news! Take care. xx

Anonymous said...

reading . . . and . . . wait. My own fault for trying to type with the light off!! :)

Martha said...

Bless you my dear.. But know it does not matter to your daughter WHERE her first 6 months are spent as long as her parents love is there. Honestly she won't know the differance. Trust in the Lord and know he will provide for you. Hugs my friend...

Eve said...

You can do it, babe! The silver lining is that you won't be trying to coordinate naps & feedings while moving. (hopefully!)
And I bet your new house will be even more special to you because of all the memories you'll make there. Exciting!!! :)
Wishing you luck and lots of help!