Monday, April 10, 2006

The Thing About Things

We have accumulated entirely too much stuff. Most of it was inherited. Some of it we purchased for ourselves. An increasing amount is for Jadyn. I don't get it. She's 2 feet tall - how come I am losing square footage like crazy to her stuff?!

First it was an entire room of furniture, which I completely understood. I never had new stuff as a kid so I wanted her to have a set all her own. But then there was the pack 'n play and swing. Then the portable swing. Then came the exersaucer. Then the high chair. Then the jumperoo. Good grief, it's no wonder I'm feeling like I live in Babies R Us!

I heard recently you can donate goods in value of up to half of your income every year as a tax break. Hmmm....I gotta get that value chart and get busy....

1 comment:

Eve said...

It's amazing how the baby stuff takes over the entire house so quickly, huh? With three girls, I expect ours will look like the Barbie Dream House in no time...
;)