Saturday, April 15, 2006

Blessed and Grateful

Today I am feeling very blessed and thankful for my life. I have been blogrolling - that's when you click the little "next blog" link at the top right of the screen, just to see what you'll find - and reading linked blogs from those I already read.

Some of the linked blogs are written by women still struggling with infertility. My heart goes out to them, as I remember those long and painful years of waiting and wondering and arguing and negotiating with God. Now that Jadyn is 7 months old, it almost feels like all those years it was someone else going through it. I'm a different person now in so many ways.

I came across a blog last night that had me bawling. Nova's Heart. It's the story of a little boy who was born with a congenital heart defect. God took him home at just 4 months old. He was so beautiful and my heart simply ached for his mother. I can't imagine having to go through something so awful. I cried at the very thought of losing Jadyn. Life would never be the same without her.

So today I am feeling very blessed that God sent us Jadyn and that she is vibrant and healthy and beautiful. I also recognize that she ultimately belongs to Him and if He wants her back, all I can do is trust in His love for both of us.

No comments: