Friday, April 21, 2006

Finally Friday

Hallelujah, I made it to the end of this week. Big props to all you single parents out there and military parents who deal with being alone in the great parenthood experience. 4 days was plenty for me. I'm glad Paul is back home - not just because I can't sleep well without him, but because I simply can't get much accomplished when I have it all to do myself.

Paul asked me if I missed him, and it was odd to say, "Not really." See, during normal life we don't get a lot of time to talk. That's partly due to his soon to be former job, and partly to being so wrapped up in parenting that we sometimes forget to take time for us. But while he was in the hospital and my friend watched my daughter, we had a lot more time to talk. We talked about current events, music and movies, our friends and church, and all sorts of other things. Paul's little pause gave us time to just BE together, and while it made home life crazy for me, I'm thankful that we had the opportunity to reconnect.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm glad he's OK and back home.

It is a lot harder to "connect" with kids, I'm not sure what the answer is. We used to do a lot of talking over their heads, but then they started listening. Then we started spelling things out, but then they learned to spell. Now we're considering learning Latin, or some other dead language...

:-)