- No, I'm not really ready. We still have one more big phase of this move that will not happen until Wednesday. That's when the professional movers come and get all the stuff we couldn't get ourselves or with the help of friends. (By the way, a huge THANK YOU to all who have helped us during this crazy time!) In all the absolutely necessary ways I suppose I am ready, but there's lots I feel I won't get to in time. This leads me to the answer to the next question....
- Yes, I can wait. Honestly, as the reality of motherhood approaches at what seems to be light speed, I'm scared to death of labor & delivery, and how radically this is going to change me and my life. I don't think I'd mind if this baby came a full week late.
- I'm feeling excited, scared, thankful, anxious, awkward, happy and tense. These varying emotions run through me at a rate of about one per second. Physically I'm feeling like there's someone inside me who wants to get out. She's running out of room in there, after all, and growing by the day.
- The doctor says (or at least said, at my last appointment) that I'm not dilated and he'll "let me go" another week. Of course, I won't even be at my due date for another week, and I am giving no indications that I'll need to be induced before then. He also says everything is fine.
- Take a good look at me. Do I have a newborn in my arms? Is my belly still protruding rather roundly? Am I still waddling? What do YOU think?!
At least on a blog I can be sarcastic without offending the well-intentioned folks who just want to show they care and are mostly reduced to the trite questions everyone asks at this stage of pregnancy.