Monday, September 19, 2005

Hooray for Post-Partum Weight Loss!

Today at my doctor appointment I was actually excited to get on the scales. I have heard the legendary tails of post-partum weight loss, especially in "women of size", and I definitely count myself as one of those. To my delight, I stepped on the scale, having set the "big number" setting where it normally goes, and CLUNK went the scale. I had to back it up!!! As it turns out, I am down 33 pounds from my delivery weight and 29 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. Then there's the likelihood that I'll lose more as I nurse. WOO-HOO! If anyone had told me that getting pregnant would be this good a diet, I'd have never believed them. Imagine the reaction of folks who haven't seen me in a while and ask what I did to lose the weight, and I just say, "I had a baby!" Typically the scale goes in the other direction, doesn't it??

4 comments:

Martha said...

woooooooooo hooooooooo!!!!! LOVE that! The true challenge that I am finding is once you are done BF, keeping the weight off!!!

Jackie said...

Wow, that's alot! People were impressed with my weigh loss as well, but I think some has snuck back on!!! : (

Paul said...

Guess I actually have to work it off, though I probably will eat less now that Amanda is finishing her food instead of giving me the leftovers! :)

Amanda said...

i think i am down 17 pounds. that is so cool! :)

congratulations on your diet baby! how is she? how is the breastfeeding going? can we say OUCH? no one told me it would hurt that bad!