Monday, January 09, 2006

Can a Girl Catch a Break?

Jadyn is almost 4 months old now, and has been watched by a babysitter 5 times now, not counting being dropped off at the nursery for church or MOPS. Now, I personally don't see that as very unusual, let alone daring. But several of my friends have commented to me (and apparently to our mutual friends) that I'm doing so well to be entrusting my darling little angel to the care of others at such an early age. After all, it did take us quite a while to be entrusted with her ourselves, so it apparently comes as a surprise to my more veteran parenting friends that I so willingly drop off my child, give basic instructions and my cell number, and with a kiss and a wave I happily walk away.

I look at it this way: yes, I'll miss her, and it requires trust to leave her in even the most capable of hands not belonging to me or my husband, but honestly, if I don't catch a break to catch my sanity, I may very well lose it forever. Now, exactly how is THAT gonna help ANYONE?

So, yes, I love and adore my beautiful blue-eyed angel child. It only serves to enhance our relationship and energize me for another day of diapers and bottles if I get out among the real world every now and then.

Can I get an amen??

5 comments:

Jennboree said...

Amen! If we have a second child, I will definitely be dropping him/her off to a babysitter WAY before we did with Isabella.

Does sanity exist after having a child?

Eve said...

Amen from me too!

At 4 months old, she really can't get into much trouble, and it's pretty easy for a sitter to take care of her. Once she starts walking and eating, babysitting gets a little more complicated, so I say enjoy a little free time now, and don't feel bad about it!

Good for you!

Anonymous said...

AMEN, Sister! Being one of those who questioned how you could entrust your daughter to someone else...I must say that I admire your courage and wish I'd had that much sense when Casey was brand-new! We enjoyed Jadyn immensely, and I am quite sure she enjoyed us, too! She's an angel-doll; thanks for sharing her with us! When you need a mommy break, please call--Casey, especially, will be thrilled! Renee

Amanda said...

AMEN. AMEN.

if my mother wasn't here in town, i would go CRAZY. really.

happy 4 months, sweet thing!

Jackie said...

I think it's great that you do that. If we had my parents or really close friends nearer by, we'd probably do it more often ourselves. But Ashleigh is with her grandma from about 7am-4 or 5 pm M-F, so I'm pretty stingy with her the rest of the time!