Monday, July 11, 2005

We made it!

Well, Dennis was not nearly as damaging as he could have been. We slept in our living room because the bedroom is closer to trees in the neighbor's yard, and if they hit the house while we were in bed, we'd be goners. So we bunked on our couches, which wasn't nearly as comfy for me as it was for my hubby. The power went off and on several times, and I think I woke up for every switch. So I didn't sleep much. Once hubby went off to work, I went to bed (the REAL bed) and slept for another 3 hours. I felt a lot better after that.

We didn't have any damage, and as far as I know, no one we know had any problems either. Someone Paul (the hubby) works with has a wife who JUST had a baby - like Friday - and they got home just as Dennis was blowing into town. I felt SO sorry for them, and at the same time I was SO glad it wasn't me. That would not be the way I'd like to start family life!

No comments: