Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Parental Visit

It's always interesting when my parents come to visit. They arrived Thursday and left at 5:30 this morning. (Classic move for my folks.) They've never truly gotten along like the parents in American sit-coms, and to be honest I'm surprised they are still married after almost 38 years. At this point they basically just tolerate one another. But now that they have a grandchild (their first) on the way, I can see that they've mellowed a bit. It lets them both be excited about the same thing, which frankly is quite a miracle. It was a pleasant visit. We talked, shopped, went out to dinner, went to church together, and didn't have any real fights or even tense moments. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amanda,

So glad to see that you and Paul are blogging! You have fabulous taste cause we are using the same blog template (thisaway rose).

Congratulations on "Sims version 2.0" (that's your baby). I know you will have an awesome nursery.

Living near both sets of our parents, John and I have never dealt with a parental visit. But we will experience it one day...

Lisa