Friday, February 08, 2008

And in other news...

That old expression "when it rains, it pours" seems rather cliche, rather simple. But when it's happening in your own life it often feels like "when you're drowning you will be offered a drink".

The job search continues. I had one interview that went really well, at least from my side of the table, on January 28. I still have not heard from them but they said that it can take a long time for them (an international corporation with local establishments) to complete the hiring process. They said that getting someone behind the desk by February 18 would be moving fast for them. *sigh*

I must have sent out over 20 resumes by now. I don't really want to have to file an unemployment claim (even though I qualify) until it becomes absolutely necessary. I still believe I have a great background to fit the jobs for which I applied, but I must admit, my faith is beginning to get shaky.

Oh, and last week I found out I was pregnant. This week, by some freak circumstance that I couldn't possibly begin to understand, I am no longer pregnant. Right. Again.

I know God doesn't play games, but really. Come on now.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

He doesn't play games, but don't you hate feeling like you are the punchline to a joke? it is supposed to make us stronger, right?

i'm praying for you, my friend.

Jemmers said...

I am praying for you.

*hugs*

Paul said...

I'm sorry I didn't see these comments sooner.
I love how the Lord provides us connection in this modern age with people who really do care but whom we may never meet because of the physical distance. Thank you, ladies, for lending a hand in prayer. We appreciate it!